Apply a balm with SPF 30 to lips at least 30 minutes before heading outdoors. Lips are particularly vulnerable to sun damage.
6 Ways to Prevent Unnecessary Breakouts
- Clean your cell phone: your cell phone screen is covered in bacteria. You’re constantly touching the screen with unclean hands and the oils and bacteria from your skin (hands and face) stay on the phone’s surface. Gently clean the screen of your cell phone daily with an antibacterial wipe.
- Drink plenty of water: drinking the appropriate amount of water each day expels toxins from the body. If your body doesn’t receive enough water, it must release toxins in a different way such as through your pores which in turn causes break outs.
- Dirty pillowcases: all night, every night your face is touching your pillowcase causing oil and bacteria to transfer onto the fabric. Exposing your skin to that same oil and bacteria night after night will continue to cause break outs. Wash your pillow case often, and for those with extreme cases of acne use a clean pillowcase each night.
- Makeup brushes: just as your pillowcase collects oil and bacteria, so do your makeup brushes. You should shampoo them weekly with a gentle, antibacterial soap. Be sure to rinse your brushes thoroughly and allow them to dry overnight.
- Exfoliate: dead skin cells cause oil and bacteria to get trapped in the pores. By gently scrubbing dead skin cells away, you are able to cleanse your skin more thoroughly and help reduce the amount of break outs.
- Proper cleansing: in order to properly cleanse your skin you must first completely remove all makeup. Makeup removing wipes are the most convenient method. Then carefully cleanse the skin with a mild facial cleanser. Work the cleanser into the skin for 1 to 3 minutes then remove all cleanser residue from the skin.
After graduating high school, Mikala attended Clary Sage Colleges esthetics program. In addition, she has received training from professional makeup artist, Sharon Tabb. Her knowledge of skin care that she received during her training in esthetics has greatly improved her skills as a makeup artist and professional esthetician.